Retail and consumer products companies face a number of challenges: intensified competition, strong pressure on margins, commodity price inflation, issues related to global sourcing, reinforcement of brand identity and the implementation of a differentiation strategy while improving the shopping experience and developing a multichannel approach, etc. The players involved are faced with major structural transformation issues. Mazars understands these issues and has gathered a global team of experts in accounting, finance, taxation and consulting with firsthand industry knowledge to help companies handle these challenges while providing added value.
Our record of delivering value to a wide range of clients, from individuals to the world’s largest retailers, is based on deep industry knowledge and advanced technical abilities. Our professionals understand both the key retail and distribution market sectors and our clients’ specific business needs to help them address critical factors affecting their business.
Specific solutions to help retail & consumer products companies reach their goals:
Aligning organizations with new market opportunities
- Financial advisory (capital increase, initial public offering, etc.);
- External growth and strategic partnership assistance and advisory (M&A, due diligence, etc.);
- Financial, legal and tax support for the establishment of subsidiaries in emerging and growing markets, taking local specificities into account;
- Support for safeguarding, structuring, optimizing and documenting transfer prices;
- Assistance for the disposal of non-strategic assets and business restructuring.
Securing Operations | Improving Risk Management
- Assessing the quality of providers and auditing third parties;
- Establishing a legal risk framework;
- Reviewing contractual obligations and monitoring franchisees (compliance, financial reporting, etc.);
- Strengthening control over distribution networks;
- Identifying and preventing fraud risks;
- Defending financial interests in the context of disputes or litigation.
- Working capital requirement (WCR) and cash management optimization;
- Supply chain securitization and optimization;
- Stock control and inventory management improvement;
- Establishment and improvement of commodity and currency hedging strategies;
- Supporting companies’ competitiveness and image through expertise in the areas of environment, safety and social responsibility.